ABOUT THE AWARDS
• Best Large Festival
• Best Medium-Sized Festival
• Best Small Festival
• Best Metropolitan Festival
• Best New Festival (after 2019)
• Best Overseas Festival
• The Grassroots Festival Award
• Best Family Festival
• Best Non-Music Festival
To determine the shortlist for these awards, fans vote online for their favourite festival, votes are then weighted according to audience size.
• The UK Greener Festival Award
The Greener Festival Award is judged based upon detailed site assessments and analysis from A Greener Festival.
Awards decided by a festival industry panel:
• The Innovation Award
• Best Festival Production
• The Brand Activation Award
• Promoter of the Year
• Best Festival for Emerging Talent
• Line-Up of the Year
• Marketing Campaign of the Year
• The Community Impact Award
• The Positively Perfect Pivot Award
For all awards, scoring is conducted online without any reference to other scorers and based solely on the submission of the entrant. This ensures that the scores are unbiased and judges are not swayed by the opinions of other panel members. Judges are also asked to absent themselves from any discussions where they have a vested interest.
Shortlists will be announced via email and our website and social media on November 1st 2022. Panel judges then collectively determine the winner, which will be announced at the UK Festival Awards on the evening of December 6th 2022.