What is the UK Festival Awards?
- The annual Oscars of the contemporary music festival business
- The kite-mark for quality events in the sector
- The only body which recognises the herculean effort which goes into producing Britain’s world-leading music festival scene.
Its mission is twofold:
- To highlight the spectacular achievements of the festival sector
- To empower festival-goers to shape the continuing standard of the marketplace.
Since its launch, it has grown into a major event at The Roundhouse in London, giving the industry chance to let its hair down and celebrate the achievements of the past year.
With a gourmet dinner, gala awards ceremony and after-show party, it attracts over 1,000 of the most influential people in the business.
Over half a million fan votes were cast last year, making it the benchmark by which festival-goers rate their experiences, and a coveted prize for organisers.
Awards include Best Major, Medium and Small Festival, Best Family Festival, Best Overseas Festival, Best Headline Performance, and of course – Best Toilets! Click here for the full list of Awards.
Along with its sister events, the UK Festival Conference and the European Festival Awards, the UK Festival Awards is owned and produced by Festival Awards Ltd.
“The level of conference subjects and speakers was very good, dinner was excellent, the awards were well run and the party atmosphere was fantastic, a real success”
- JOHN PROBYN – COO, LIVE NATION
“We were thrilled to win the UK Festival Award for ‘Best Live Act’. It was great to win an award that says you’re good at festivals and it’s always great getting that respect from the people that matter.“
– MATT BELLAMY, MUSE
“Live music is all about the fans. For the fans to recognise and vote for our festivals in the UK Festival Awards is the highest accolade we can get”
– STUART GALBRAITH, CEO, KILIMANJARO LIVE
“It really was an outstanding night…. reflective of a really exciting time for the UK festival industry”
- ROB DA BANK, BESTIVAL
“A fantastic day out, it was great to meet up with people who otherwise we would never get the chance to see”
- ANDY SMITH – FOUNDER, KENDAL CALLING
“It’s a wonderful accolade”
– MICHAEL EAVIS, GLASTONBURY
Festivals that participate and attend include…
Artists that have actively engaged with the UK Festival Awards include…
Last year’s Festival Awards were covered by the following media…